For you who own dry hair, dry hair care is one solution to keep having beautiful and healthy hair. Hair condition greatly affects the mood of women. When you have healthy, shiny hair, women will feel beautiful and confident. But it’s different if they have dry, damaged hair. Dry hair tends to break easily and is difficult to style.
Don’t let dry hair constantly interfere with your appearance. Overcome immediately by undergoing special treatments for dry hair. Dry hair is caused by reduced hair moisture. There are two factors that can be the cause. First, the scalp cannot produce enough oil to dry hair. That can happen because of age. As you get older, your hair will produce less oil.
The second cause, because the cuticle (hair protective layer) has been damaged. Cuticles of damaged hair are caused by over-styling hair with a hair dryer or vise, changing the appearance of hair such as curling, straightening, or using hair dye. If it is damaged, the cuticle will peel from the hair, making the cuticle’s ability to hold the hair disturbed moisture.
Say goodbye to dry hair
In fact, having healthy, beautiful hair is like the models in a shampoo ad you could have. The key is to be painstaking when taking care of your dry hair. Here is a series of dry hair treatments that you can try.
Wash hair once every two days
Choose the right hair products
Let your hair come in contact with natural ingredients
Cut the ends of the hair
Your habit of washing your hair every day can make hair less moisture. If you feel the condition of the hair is still normal, not too oily, then you don’t need to wash it. But if you want to maintain cleanliness or freshness, you can wash it by twisting shampoo and conditioner. When washing hair, prefer to rub the scalp. Avoid rubbing your hair.
Choose shampoo, conditioner, gel, or other hair products specifically intended for the treatment of dry hair. The right product to use on dry hair has a low pH level in order to maintain hair moisture like baby shampoo. Products that contain oils with nutrients can also be an option, such as coconut oil, olives, avocados, or argan oil.
You can make a natural hair mask as a treatment for dry hair at home using natural ingredients with protein, such as eggs mixed with olive oil. Apply the mask to your hair for 30 minutes before washing it with warm water. Moisture in dry hair can also be increased by applying half a teaspoon of coconut oil in the middle to the ends of the hair. Then comb and let stand for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Dry hair usually has damaged ends, such as dry or split ends. Cutting the ends of your hair regularly can make your hair look healthier. Do this every two to three months at the salon. Avoid trimming the ends of your own hair at home. The use of blunt scissors and not specifically designed for hair can worsen the condition of your hair.
Tips For Preventing Dry Hair
For those of you who have dry hair, there are some things you should avoid.
- Hair can become dry if you use hair products that have certain levels of alcohol, such as isopropyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, propanol or SD alcohol 40.
- Avoid using hot tools for hair, such as dryers, curlers, and hair straighteners too often. Use a towel to wrap your hair after shampooing to keep it moist.
- Avoid the habit of bathing or shampooing with hot water. Washing your hair with cold water can have a good effect compared to hot water.
- Keep your hair away from the sun, cold or windy. If you want to stay active in hot and windy weather, use hats and hair products that can provide protection from the sun.
- Also avoid swimming too often on the beach and pool. The salt content in sea water or chlorine in swimming pools can worsen the condition of dry hair.
- Avoid using hair products that contain fragrances. Fragrance ingredients can worsen the condition of dry hair. Better to use products that do not smell, rather than smell but make hair damaged.
When you have undergone treatment for dry hair and avoid things that damage the hair, but the condition of the hair has not improved, you should consult a dermatologist. A dermatologist can provide and recommend more intensive care for your dry hair.