The penis is a vital organ of men. Caring for the penis is important, not only for the health of the male reproductive organs, but also for partner satisfaction.
There are various ways to treat penis health. Here are some ways to treat a penis that you can do.
It is recommended to make erections regularly. Erection or hardening of the penis because it is filled with blood, can nourish the penis. This is because the smooth muscle in the penis will get abundant oxygen from the blood. In addition, regular erections can also maintain a normal penis shape. Conversely, if you experience less erections on a regular basis, the size of the penis can be a shorter 1-2 cm. This condition occurs because the penis tissue becomes less elastic and shrinks.
Men can experience several erections at night or during the day. Erection can occur without prior stimulation. If during the day a man does not experience an erection at all, the brain will help him to get an erection at night. Stimulation of the brain for erections usually comes during the dreaming phase of sleep. Whatever your dreams are at night, an erection will still occur. However, men who are diabetic tend to have problems with an erection, so further doctor examinations are needed.
A study found the difference between circumcised and uncircumcised penises in terms of cleanliness. Basically, the skin of the penis folds is a comfortable place for bacteria to grow and develop. However, bacteria in the circumcised penis tend to be fewer in number when compared to the uncircumcised penis. The bacteria in question are anaerobic types of bacteria. This bacterium does not require oxygen to live, so it can survive on the skin of the penis which is covered in underwear.
In some societies, circumcision is a tradition or religious suggestion. But apart from that, you or your son can circumcise for health reasons. In addition, the World Health Organization (WHO) advises men, especially those who are sexually active, to circumcise. This is because circumcision is associated with a reduced risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV.
Maintain Penis Cleanliness
Maintaining cleanliness can be said to be the core of how to care for the penis. There are several steps you can take to keep your penis clean and healthy.
- When bathing, wash the penis using warm water. Do it every day. Don’t forget to dry it with a clean tissue or towel, both after bathing and after urinating.
- You should not use too much soap on the penis because it can cause irritation to the skin of the penis.
- Avoid using powder or deodorant.
- Gently rub the head of the penis to clean it from the buildup of smegma. Basically, smegma is a natural lubricant on the head and skin folds of the penis. However, the buildup of smegma can trigger the development of bacteria and invite infection in the penis.
- If your penis has folds of skin on it, gently pull and clean the bottom. However, this step is only for adult men, boys do not need it.
- Don’t forget to clean the scrotal part (testicular bag). If not cleaned regularly, there will be a bad odor due to the accumulation of sweat on the pubic hair.
- Check the penis and scrotum yourself by feeling it. This step is useful to detect whether changes occur in this area, such as a lump. If lumps or abnormal changes are found, don’t be ashamed to see a doctor immediately.
How to treat the penis above should be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle, such as not smoking, limiting alcohol consumption, eating nutritious and balanced food, and exercising regularly.