Gastritis or gastritis is inflammation of the abdominal wall which can be caused by various things. Heartburn symptoms can be reduced by avoiding the consumption of certain foods or drinks. Recognize various foods that cause ulcers and other habits that need to be avoided.
Besides bacteria, ulcers can also be caused by the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), autoimmune disorders, or conditions such as Crohn’s disease, sarcoidosis, and isolated granulomatosis gastritis.
An ulcer can be chronic or sudden / acute. These symptoms can also appear in certain conditions such as during treatment, stress, or eating certain foods / drinks.
People who experience heartburn can not feel any symptoms. But some people can experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, gas, stomach burning, and loss of appetite.
Recognizing Foods That Cause Ulcer
In some people, heartburn can go away by itself. But if not, generally dietary changes can help relieve symptoms.
There are foods, drinks, and chemicals that can specifically cause heartburn. Get to know these ingredients and limit or avoid their consumption:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic drinks. This drink can cause acute ulcers.
- Avoid high-fat foods.
- Avoid caffeinated and carbonated drinks like soda.
- Limit consumption of fruit juices that contain citric acid such as grapes, oranges, pineapple.
- Avoid NSAID group drugs such as ibuprofen and aspirin. These medicines can be replaced with other pain relievers such as paracetamol.
- Limit consumption of foods containing chocolate.
- Reduce fried foods.
- Limit consumption of processed foods such as pasta, sugar, and white bread.
- As much as possible avoid foods that contain trans fatty acids such as cakes, cakes, crackers, french fries, donuts, margarine, and processed foods such as sausages.
- Recognize and avoid foods that can cause allergies.
Not all people who experience heartburn are caused by consumption of food or drink above. However, as a preventative measure, it is better to limit or avoid these ingredients.
Ulcer handling is done according to the cause. Generally, ulcers can be treated with over-the-counter medications such as antacids or histamine inhibitors to reduce the symptoms that are irritating. A combination of antibiotics can be given if the ulcer is caused by H. pylori bacteria. In addition, traumatic experiences or lifestyle with high stress levels can also cause ulcers. Protect yourself by managing stress.
Spicy food causes ulcers?
There is an assumption that spicy food can cause stomach ulcers because people who eat spicy food often experience stomach aches. This pain can be similar to pain when heartburn is recurring. But, the pain due to spicy food is not caused by disorders of gastric acidity, as happens in the condition of heartburn. In fact, the chemical capsaicin in chili is what triggers nerves in the stomach to send signals of gastric irritation to the brain, giving rise to a series of responses from the body to protect the stomach.
If you experience heartburn symptoms, contact your doctor immediately to determine the cause. It is also advisable to avoid the foods that cause stomach ulcers above, and other bad habits that can increase the risk of heartburn.