Tired or tired can be caused by many things, ranging from overactivity, psychological conditions, to lifestyle. But not many people know that changing some simple habits can actually be a way to overcome fatigue.
The causes and also solutions to overcome fatigue can actually be traced from daily activities such as stress, poor eating patterns, lack of sleep, to psychological problems.
Do not let tired and sleepy often reduce productivity. Recognize the main causes and how to deal with fatigue.
Pay attention and change the food you consume
Certain foods can actually increase energy levels, while conversely, some foods can make you feel tired often. Pay attention to the guidelines below so that food can truly be a source of energy so it is not easily tired.
- Caffeine might get you excited in the morning. But the effect was only for a moment. After caffeine leaves the body, you will feel tired or called caffeine crash.
- Drink enough to meet the needs of body fluids because dehydration can cause fatigue.
- Limit consumption of processed or processed foods such as burgers, packaged foods, sweets. These foods contain preservatives and salt which make the body work slower.
- Choose fresh foods that contain more nutrients. This can be done, for example, by consuming fruit that is in season, so that the fruit ripens naturally.
- Nuts provide energy to reduce fatigue.
- Eating fish containing omega-3 oils such as salmon can actually stimulate enthusiasm and reduce fatigue.
- Being overweight will overload the heart, making your body more tired. Reduce food portions and consumption of foods with balanced nutrition so that excess body weight down. This loss of weight to normal will increase energy, mood, and quality of life.
- Eating more often in small portions can stabilize blood sugar levels. This can be done by eating healthy snacks every 3-4 hours.
- Choose complex carbohydrates to prevent the increase and decrease of blood sugar levels in a short time.
- Avoid consuming alcohol. Although consuming alcohol can make you sleep more soundly, it turns out that consuming alcohol can make you sleep less soundly. But the next day you will feel more tired than before.
By choosing the right foods from day to day, the body will be more powerful and not easily sleepy and tired.
Research has found that about 50–80% of the causes of fatigue are psychological factors. Get to know yourself and the problems that are happening and take steps to deal with them.
- Chronic stress can cause fatigue. Try various relaxation methods such as yoga and meditation. Doing things that you like is also a way to relieve stress.
- Doing too many things that other people ask for is one source of stress. Learn to say no to things that you don’t really want to do.
- Take a break in the middle of your routine work to be more productive when returning to work. Joy and laughter are good energy boosters to relieve fatigue.
- Conflicts at work may overload your mind and make you tired. Solve problems with communication so that it is not prolonged.
It is important to overcome the problems that cause stress so that the body does not feel prolonged tired.
You may feel very lazy to exercise or move actively if you feel tired. However, many studies have found that physical activity can actually increase energy levels. According to a professor and sports physiologist, exercise can actually increase morale, self-confidence, effectiveness at work, and overall quality of health. Just walking for 15 minutes can be useful to overcome fatigue. Increase activity gradually to 2.5 hours per week. For example by cycling or swimming every week.
Inadequate rest needs
Lack of sleep is one of the main causes of fatigue. Fill your rest needs by getting used to going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. Many people feel sleepy after lunch. A nap of about 10 minutes turns out to increase work readiness. However, you should not be advised to sleep more than 30 minutes so that you do not sleep difficult at night. If you find it difficult to sleep, avoid taking sleeping pills. If you experience insomnia, and treat the underlying cause of this condition, consult a doctor. So you don’t need to take sleeping pills to rest.
On the other hand, fatigue can often be triggered by the consumption of certain drugs such as antihistamines, diuretics, medications to treat blood pressure, and several other drugs. Consult if fatigue often arises after you take these medications. In addition, fatigue can be a symptom of more serious chronic diseases such as anemia, diabetes, heart disease, thyroid disorders and sleep apnea. If you’ve done all of the above but still often feel tired, it’s good to see a doctor.