Extract from the skin of this fruit is claimed to be efficacious in dealing with various conditions. Starting from skin diseases, joints, bones, to psychological problems, it is believed can be overcome using processed mangosteen skin. Not surprisingly, a variety of products now carry the benefits of the mangosteen peel extract content.
So well-known mangosteen peel extract, so people now have made it in the form of capsules that are easy to consume. In addition, mangosteen peel extract itself can be found in the form of pills, herbal teas, or lotions. This purplish-colored fruit extract is even easier to obtain on the market.
Claimed Disease Can Be Addressed Mangosteen Skin Extract
The benefits of mangosteen peel are still believed by many people, with the hope of getting improved health levels. The community also believes that mangosteen peel extract can prevent the growth of cancer cells. It also may be able to overcome diarrhea, because it contains a substance called tannin.
Some other conditions that are said to be overcome by mangosteen peel extract are:
- Menstrual disorders
- Urinary tract infection
- Mental health
The Truth of the Benefits of Mangosteen Skin
The benefits of mangosteen peel have actually been investigated, and there are some clinical opinions stating the possible benefits of mangosteen skin for health, including stopping the growth of disease-causing bacteria, and controlling cholesterol levels in the blood, while also having anti-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory properties, as well as antihistamines that are able to relieve allergy symptoms.
In the community also circulated information that the benefits of mangosteen peel are able to cure arthritis. Furthermore, mangosteen peel extract may reduce the risk of cancer cell growth.
However, the benefits of mangosteen peel for human health is actually not yet known with certainty how it works and its properties. That is, the benefits of mangosteen peel still need to be further investigated in humans.
Guide If You Want To Try Mangosteen Skin
Mangosteen peel extract is sold freely on the market. If you want to try it, you must know how to take herbal medicine. Here are some tips if you want to consume mangosteen peel extract that has been packaged into herbal medicine:
- Make sure you buy mangosteen peel extract products that have been registered at BPOM RI.
- Check the expiration date of the product you purchased.
- Although made from natural ingredients, herbal medicines are not always safe for consumption. Similarly, mangosteen peel extract. Regarding the safety of mangosteen peel extract, so far the safety information has not been clearly known if consumed as medicine.
- For the sake of precaution, it is better for pregnant and lactating women to avoid herbal products including mangosteen peel extract.
- If you want to do surgery, you should stop taking mangosteen peel extract at least 14 days before the surgery. Because there is a possibility that this fruit can slow down the process of blood clotting.
Although to date many people still consume mangosteen peel extract, but the benefits of mangosteen peel from a medical perspective still need further verification, as well as its benefits as an herbal supplement. In other words, the benefits of mangosteen peel have not been fully proven efficacious in humans when viewed from a scientific point of view. Always consult a doctor if you want to take any medication, including herbal remedies that are often considered natural medicines.