A cigarette contains more than 4000 chemicals, many of which are poisonous and cause cancer. Smoking cigarettes continuously is the same as accumulating toxins in the body that can adversely affect your health in the future.
Try to stop smoking and start feeling the benefits to the body.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
When you decide to quit smoking, believe me, you will not experience any loss. Conversely, so many benefits can be felt after stopping smoking this deadly roll of tobacco.
- Look younger. Smoking can reduce oxygen intake to the skin, making your skin look old. But when you stop smoking, your skin will get more oxygen, thereby preventing premature aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Avoid stress. During this time you think that smoking can cope with stress thanks to the nicotine content. But what is actually happening is that you experience withdrawal symptoms from nicotine and smoking feels soothing.
- Increase fertility. Uterus lining and sperm quality will improve after quitting smoking. That means, the opportunity to have children is higher than when he was still smoking.
- Better sex performance. By stopping smoking, blood flow will become smoother and have a good effect on your sensitivity. The quality of sex will be better. Men will experience better erections, while women will be more easily aroused and have orgasms.
- A smile looks more charming. When smoking, teeth will look yellow and stained. But after stopping, the teeth will look whiter and the breath will be fresher than before.
- Avoid deadly diseases. The risk of getting lung cancer, stroke, heart attack, mouth cancer, throat cancer, lip cancer and tongue cancer will decrease after you stop smoking.
- Have a healthy family. This is what is important. The family you love will be healthy because it is free from the dangers of cigarette smoke.
Please note that this effect is only temporary. Nicotine is not a drug to relieve stress. In fact, according to research the stress level of people who quit smoking will decrease compared to when they were still smoking.
Let’s stop smoking
Quitting smoking is not easy, especially for those of you who have been smoking for years. But if you have a strong determination, then there is no impossible word. No need to worry about the myths that are circulating, like quitting smoking can make you stressed, fat, and others. Establish your position to make life better.
Here are some tips to get rid of cigarettes.
- Focus on the benefits. So many health benefits that you will feel when you stop smoking, as mentioned above, prevent your loved ones from diseases due to being passive smokers, and save money.
- Set the date. There needs to be a certain date when you start doing it, even if there are obstacles when you start trying it, like stress. Stress is the biggest obstacle you will experience when deciding to stop smoking. So when it’s close to the date, you must be mentally and emotionally ready. Remember, don’t postpone it anymore. The sooner you start, the longer you live.
- Ask for support. Express your good intentions to those closest to you, such as your spouse, family, and friends. Those who care about you will surely support you for a healthy life and that support will be very meaningful. You can also invite fellow smokers to stop together. Thus, you can support each other until you are completely free from cigarettes.
- Go for medical treatment. Consult your desire to stop smoking to the doctor. Usually the medical step used to overcome this is nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). The nicotine effect you can get from gum or lozenges which all contain nicotine.
- Move the body. In addition to making the body healthy, actively moving can divert and reduce your desire to smoke. You can run around your home complex, jump rope, sit-ups or other sports that can be done without the need for special preparation. Doing household chores can also be done, such as sweeping, mopping the floor, or watering plants. When the desire to smoke appears in the office, you can divert it by moving from a chair and then walk out of the room, up and down stairs, or light exercise such as running in place.
- Always prepare candy in a bag. When the desire comes, chew something, like candy. This can help you not to smoke.
- Avoid all triggers. Avoid everything that triggers you to smoke, like hanging out with smoker friends. Also avoid places that are approximately filled with smokers. Get rid of all the cigarettes or ashtrays in your home.
- Say no to cigarettes. When you decide to stop smoking, try to discipline yourself. Maybe once in a while you are tempted to smoke and say, “Just one stick does not matter.” We recommend that you keep the mind. Smoking a cigarette even if only one can trigger you to keep smoking a cigarette again and again.
Make your life more quality by living it without cigarettes. Stop smoking, don’t delay, start doing it now.